CPI autoload failed on boot of 5.3-R

Kelsey Cummings kgc at sonic.net
Wed Mar 2 11:51:25 PST 2005

I'm having trouble booting a box I just upgraded from 5.1->5.3-R.

When booting it complains "CPI autoload failed" and panics about half way
through the kernel boot procedure.  If stop the autoboot and manually load
acpi it boots just fine.

Any ideas what's wrong here?

Also, it'd would be great if the UPGRADING doc could mention something
about the possible need to switch from vinum to geom_vinum - took me a
couple of hours to track that one down.  Anyone else bit by that?

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at sonic.net           sonic.net, inc.
System Administrator                      2260 Apollo Way