referencing in files

Jarrod - Cybertek jarrod at cybertek.co.za
Wed Mar 2 11:02:10 GMT 2005

Ok sorry.

Precisely. I have a file (actually a script, sorry) that has a lot of the
settings for a client in, eg IP addresses, interface they connect on etc.
and I use the motd to keep all this together, just to make things easier
when I log into my server. Now I want the motd to update (if at all
possible) to the settings in this file when I change it. Maybe a script IS
the only way to go.

Here is an example:

Say i have a file /root/setup.client.sh, and it has this line:
	IFACE=ng10
Now I want to have the motd, when it is displayed after login, to go fetch
the current value of that IFACE, and display that value.

Is it a bit clearer?

Jarrod Meyer | Technical | C Y B E R T E K
Tel: 031-2075287  Fax: 031-2082210
E-mail: jarrod at cybertek.co.za
Website: www.cybertek.co.za