cvsmail

Philip M. Golllucci pgollucci at p6m7g8.com
Tue Mar 1 01:48:33 GMT 2005

Hi,

I was pointed at the mail/cvsmail port earlier to day to add diffs to
the freebsd commit e-mails.

I'm having some issues in that the mail just dissapears.  What did I miss ?

Thanks again.

Some system setup:

My mail server and file server are 2 different physical computers
/usr/home is NFS mounted by the mail server as follows
cvsmail is installed on the mail server itself as is procmail both from
ports no extra flags to make. The file server is also a FreeBSD
6.0-CURRENT kernel. I read my mail via IMAP with thunderbird using the
imap port.

uname:
FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #0: Fri Dec  3 09:35:58 GMT 2004

mail# cd /usr/ports/mail/cvsmail
mail# make all install distclean

whereis cvsmail
/usr/local/bin/cvsmail

.procmailrc (stole the rule from the cvsmail man page):
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/xxxxx/AA_Inbox
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmaillog
VERBOSE=ON
LOGABSTRACT=all
TMP=/var/tmp

:0
* ^TO_cvs-all at freebsd.org
| cvsmail -d -f $MAILDIR/xxxxxxxx/FreeBSD/cvs

the procmail log file:
procmail: [11173] Mon Feb 28 20:18:49 2005
procmail: Assigning "LOGABSTRACT=all"
procmail: Assigning "TMP=/var/tmp"
procmail: Match on
"(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope|Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])?)cvs-all at freebsd.org"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=cvsmail -d -f
/usr/home/pgollucci/mail/xxxxxx/FreeBSD/cvs"
procmail: Executing
"cvsmail,-f,/usr/home/pgollucci/mail/xxxxxxxx/FreeBSD/cvs"
procmail: Notified comsat: "pgollucci@:/usr/home/pgollucci/mail/cvsmail
-f /usr/home/pgollucci/mail/xxxxxxxx/FreeBSD/cvs"