amavis problems

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Wed Jun 29 18:26:20 GMT 2005

Ever since running the update to the newest version of perl I've run
into difficulty with my amavis scanning.  I think there are some p5*
packages that aren't properly recompiled to run with the latest
PERL...the logs are showing errors like

Clam Antivirus-clamd: Error reading from /var/run/clamav/clamd:
Resource temporarily unavailable at (eval 53) line 253, <GEN17> line
1., retrying (2)

and

TROUBLE in check_mail: virus_scan FAILED: virus_scan: ALL VIRUS
SCANNERS FAILED: Clam Antivirus-clamd av-scanner FAILED: Too many
retries to talk to /var/run/clamav/clamd (Error reading from
/var/run/clamav/clamd: Resource temporarily unavailable at (eval 53)
line 253, <GEN18> line 1.) at (eval 53) line 264, <GEN18> line 1.; Clam
Antivirus - clamscan av-scanner FAILED: Error reading: Resource
temporarily unavailable at (eval 53) line 389, <GEN19> line 10.

despite the fact that when amavisd-new starts up, it states in the log:
Using internal av scanner code for (primary) Clam Antivirus-clamd

and the socket for clamd exists with 777 permissions, and the groups
for vscan are vscan and clamav and for clamav the group memberships are
clamav mail vscan.

Is there an easy way to run through all p5* ports and rebuild them to
see the latest PERL?  The after-upgrade script didn't seem to do
anything :-/

-Bart