Booting FreeBSD 5.3 CDROM

Gerald S Stoller gs_stoller at juno.com
Tue Jun 28 19:31:34 GMT 2005

	I've gotten 3 copies of  FreeBSD 5.3  (I don't know if they are
identical,
and I'm not really interested).  When booting each of them I get
essentially the
same messages, which I will list here:

Verifying DMI Pool Data  .........
Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
CD Loader 1.2
Building the boot loader arguments
Relocating the loader and the BTX

	I waited over 8 minutes for anything else after this and got nothing.
The hard-disk access-light was on all this time.
	I wanted to create slices and load  FreeBSD 5.3  onto the hard disk,
which (as I recall) has to be done from the booting of the  CD-ROM .  Are
these
 CD-ROMs  defective?  Am I missing something?  How do I get to make new
slices
and load  FreeBSD 5.3 ?