Still trying to get my site up!

Gerard Seibert gerard-seibert at suscom.net
Sun Jun 26 23:06:37 GMT 2005

Thanks to several individuals, I have almost gotten my Apache2 server
working. Almost, but not quite.

My ISP blocks port 80; therefore I am using a redirect from DynDNS.org to
redirect to an alias using port 9545.

The 'beerstud.us' redirects to 'www2.beerstud.us:9545'

>From my FreeBSD box, if I type: lynx http://beerstud.us, I see the
following message: Using http://www2.beerstud.us:9545/. The connection is
made and the index.htm file is displayed.

However, I am unable to reach this site from any other computer.
Eventually, the request will time out and I receive an error message
telling me that the site is not available.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong at this point. I have posted the
following files if anyone feels ambitious enough to look them over for me.

httpd.conf	 =	http://www.seibercom.us/FreeBSD/httpd.conf

hosts		=	http://www.seibercom.us/FreeBSD/hosts

This is the output from ifconfig -a
net-card.txt	=	http://www.seibercom.us/FreeBSD/net-card.txt

resolv.conf	=	http://www.seibercom.us/FreeBSD/resolv.conf

The 'hosts' file has a pretty good description of my network in it. I
double checked my router, and I believe it is configured correctly to pass
port 9545 through.

--
Thanks!

Gerard Seibert