Xvnc + inetd

duckeo duckeo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 13:25:10 GMT 2005

> Ok then. "What sort of DE/WM setup do you plan on having for your
> clients?" is a question you need to ask yourself.

Purely KDE for the moment, desktop wise it would be the same for each user.

> Essentially if it's a small number of users and you want to let them
> setup their own X flavor, you could basically set it up as follows:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> [ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
> xsetroot -solid grey
> vncconfig -iconic &
>
> startkde& # or whatever X style they like, such as startfluxbox, xfce4-session, etc

I'd rather not have to make the user log in via SSH and invoke a vnc
each, or even have vnc listening on X number of ports for different
users.

What I'd like to happen is users VNC into the box on a particular
port, and be greeted with a Login screen to KDE (kdm).

The guide I've been roughly following is at
http://oxo.rucus.net/docs/Terminal-Vnc-HOWTO, to give you an idea of
what I was aiming for.