Printing to OSX shared printer?

Your Name bg271828 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 17:01:13 GMT 2005

--- Henry Miller <hmiller at intradyn.com> wrote:

> On 6/24/2005 at 07:19 Your Name wrote:
>
> >i have CUPS set up on my FreeBSD 4.11 box, but i've
> >never used it (i've never printed at all from this
> >machine).

> >i'm looking for the simplest answer to printing
> from
> >this, not trying to do anything fancy.
>
> In theory Mac OSX uses CUPS for printing, so you
> should be able to plug
> things in and have them work.

thanks, i guess i wasn't being clear. if i bring
another Mac onto the network, and try to print from
it, i'll see all the shared printers and i can choose
whichever one i want.

if I have my FreeBSD machine, how do i see these
printers? maybe its there but i don't know about it.
when i go to the CUPS admin page to add a printer, at
http://localhost:631/admin/?op=add-printer
i get blanks for name, location, description. but i
don't know about any possible printers, i just want to
see a list that i can choose from.

the CUPS manual isnt clear on this, it just says if
your running OSX then everything will work. but i have
no idea how to find the name and address of any
printer that happens to be on the network.

Jen