Anyone using doormand

Gene listmail at Bomgardner.net
Tue Jun 21 11:42:43 GMT 2005

Has anyone implemented the doorman port knocking package?

I tried to get it going on 5.4, but when I start doormand, I can find no
evidence of it listening to it's default port (1001).
I've checked the config (see below) but all seems correct. I can find no
mention
of doormand or port 1001 in the output of netstat or sockstat. Knocks
have no discernible effect, telnet connections are refused, and there is
nothing
in the doorman's log file.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Gene

The doormand.cf file:

#
#  'doormand.cf'
#
#
interface           rl1
port                1001
waitfor             10
connection_delay_1  100000  # 1/10th second (delay is in microseconds)
connection_delay_2  2
logfile                       /var/log/doorman-messages
loglevel                    debug
pidfile                      /var/run/doormand.pid
guestlist                   /usr/local/etc/doormand/guestlist
firewall-add            /usr/local/etc/doormand/ipf_add
firewall-del             /usr/local/etc/doormand/ipf_delete
tag-queue-length    100000
tag-queue               /var/doorman_tag_queue
tag-db                    /var/doorman_tag_db.db