postfix or qmail?

Volker Kindermann ml at ps102.de
Sat Jun 18 15:09:25 GMT 2005

Hi Luciano,

> I've a simple question, postfix or qmail?

the simple answer: both are good.

If you're using sendmail right now, the change to postfix should be easier.

I've heard that postfix is slightly faster when it comes to really
massive number of emails (less disc-writing) but that shouldn't bother
you with 300 accounts.

> Other thing (perhaps, the one that I interest more your opinion), do anyone
> know why MacOS X Server is using postfix instead of qmail?

Perhaps licensing questions?

> (i mean, the latter is far more popular, right?)

I don't think so. Both are heavy-used sendmail-replacements.

  -volker