Making a custom FreeBSD iso

Chris Huff chuff at digifonica.com
Fri Jun 17 18:02:15 GMT 2005

Hi:

Im trying to get a couple of scripts of mine onto a bootable FreeBSD 5.4
install cd. Im going about this as follows.

Im ripping the iso image from the cd with dd

dd if=/dev/acd0 of=file.iso bs=2048

Then, Im mounting the iso image

mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /usr/iso-orig/file.iso -u 0

mount -t cd9660 /dev/md0 /iso

..and copying its contents to disk with cp -R

Now, all of the sudden, the /rescue dir grows from 3.5M to 455M so after
i copy my scripts to the extracted iso filesystem on my hard disk and
try to make an iso I cannot burn the ISO because its way too big. Can
anyone help me with this?

Im trying to get some kind of autoinstall going ( above just install.cfg
with sysinstall ).

Thanks
--CH