ADSL PPPoA

Stephan Weaver stephanweaver at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:38:22 GMT 2005

Hello Friendly FreeBSD people.

Let me get straight to the point.

I am implimenting a FreeBSD Based Firewall.

I have an ADSL Speedtouch 5200 Modem/Router, Currently Plugged into my
Switch.

I want to connect the modem to my FreeBSD Firewall;
So that the FreeBSD Firewall will be creating a PPP connection to my ISP.
Eg, my xl0 interface will have a PUBLIC Internet Address (IF Possible?).

My Isp Uses PPPoA, i used the instructions from the handbook, to setup
'mpd'.
I put the router in 'bridge' mode and connect the Ethernet cable from the
Dsl Router/Modem to my FreeBSD Firewall.

But i have little success getting the results i want. [The Firewall dosent
connect to my ISP]

Anyone willing to give me a clue?

Regards,
Stephan Weaver.