Can't make X tunnelling via SSH work, probably loosing my mind....

George Hartzell hartzell at kestrel.alerce.com
Tue Jun 14 16:58:11 GMT 2005

Lowell Gilbert writes:
 > George Hartzell <hartzell at kestrel.alerce.com> writes:
 >
 > > I just noticed that I couldn't ssh -X from a machine into a fully
 > > configured jail on the same machine and have an X app display back on
 > > the desktop.
 > > [...]
 >
 > You're going to have problems with ssh authentication there, I would
 > think.  Have you tried the -Y option to ssh?

Thanks, that worked!

I'm not really sure why though....  I've been through the xauth
section on trusted vs. untrusted, and skimmed the X11 SECURITY
extension specification.

Using ssh -X works on my 5.3BETA4 system from 10/2004.  It's running
an Xorg 6.7 server.

Is this the result of an X change, and ssh change, or a butterfly
flapping it's wings over Brazil?

Thanks again for the help!

g.