BitDefender: Libfn initialization failed

Adi Pircalabu apircalabu at bitdefender.com
Mon Jun 13 10:25:19 GMT 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:00:35 +0100 (BST)
Ian Smith <smiity69 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm having a bit of trouble getting BitDefender working, I've tried
> installing it through the ports and by using the fetch command. Each
> time BitDefender installs without any hassle and will update fine
> when I run "bdc --update" but whenever I try "bdc --info" or "bdc --
> vlist" it does the following:
> $ bdc --info BDC/FreeBSD 5.x-Console (v7.0-2545) (i386) (Dec 22 2004
> 19:56:57) Copyright (C) 1996-2004 SOTFWIN SRL. All rights reserved.
>
> Error: core initialization failed: Libfn initialization failed
>
> I'm running FreeBSD 5.4 and using BitDefender purely as a local virus
> scanner, not for a mail server. If you would like any more info just
> send me an email.

Hello,
Please post the output of the following command:
ldd /usr/local/bdc/libfn.so
I think you must install FreeBSD 4.x binary compatibility libraries.
This dependency issue will be fixed in the near future.

Also, please take note that this is mainly a ports issue, therefore
future related problems should be directed to freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
and to the port maintainer.
Thanks

--