make installkernel fails instantly w/ signal 11

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 16:55:00 GMT 2005

On 6/11/05, Keyser <keyser456 at verizon.net> wrote:
> > Cut and pasted from /usr/src/Makefile
> > - - - CUT - - -
> > # Make sure we have an up-to-date make(1). Only world and buildworld
> > # should do this as those are the initial targets used for upgrades.
> > # The user can define ALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE to have this check performed
> > # for all targets.
> > #
> > - - - CUT - - -
> >
> > Try make and install kernel without -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE.
> >
> > Vladimir Dvorak
>
> Just tried it, exact same error. :(

Any chance your processor or other pieces of the machine are
overheating, or the power is too low, or the memory is bad, or the HDD
is faulty, or the CDs were written with errors? The bug you're
describing is quite unusual.

--
Dmitry

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"