netgear wg311T and ath driver attaching

Luke St.Clair run_faster at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 11 14:11:24 GMT 2005

I'm attempting to use the netgear wg311T card, which I bought since the ath
man page and docs said it is supported under FBSD.

I'm using the 5.4 release.

I did:
cd /sys/modules/ath;
make; make install
kldload if_ath

and dmesg presents:
ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xdf000000-0xdf00ffff irq 18 at device 8.0 on pci1
ath0: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13
device_attach: ath0 attach returned 6

Which, from googling, seems to indicate the driver in -CURRENT will probably
work.  Is this true?

If so, is it possible to just download/compile the ath driver from -CURRENT?
  If so, how?

Or should I be able to make this work on a release system?