portupgrade, automake14 -> automake19

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Jun 9 16:20:02 GMT 2005

On 2005-06-09 11:14, Tony Shadwick <tshadwick at goinet.com> wrote:
> No, I was referring to the fact that I ran portupgrade on automake14
> and it complains and says that it is deprecated and strongly
> encourages using automake19 instead.  I was curious if I just deleted
> the automake14 port and installed automake19 if I would be wreaking
> havoc on my dependencies in other ports.

That's not a good idea either.  The autotools are infamous for their
tendency to be very incompatible with previous releases of the same
software.

The best thing to do would be to contact the respective port maintainers
and see if they have plans to test with automake19.  They may have
already investigated the transition to automake19, but stopped for:

	- lack of time
	- waiting for a newer version of the distfile any time now
	- etc.