Very Dissapointed

Björn König bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 9 13:41:24 GMT 2005

Lane wrote:

> I don't know the concept "transparent proxy."   Hopefully you will discover
> how that works as you build your firewall :)

I'm not sure if he meant something like Microsoft's all-in-one
filtering, authentication, caching, whatever product called "Internet
Security and Acceleration Server" which is actually a kind of
transparent proxy that filters packets from OSI layer 3 up to 7 as far
as I know. This concept has many enthusiastic followers. ;-)

Björn