Jail and disk space

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Mon Jun 6 15:45:49 GMT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 1:09 AM, Tim Aslat wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 02:00:35 -0500
> "DrVince" <drvince at anonymnet.net> wrote:
>
>> Could I use quota to limit jails?
>>

> Not really, but you might be able to use a "memory disk" (man md,
> mdconfig) to limit the entire jail to a set size.

Yes, I do this.  Almost all my jails reside in md devices (or more
than one if I have separate ones for logs etc).

Dump works on md devices so it  makes it pretty easy.

Since I use a shared master jail mounted readony inside each jail,
the jail md devices only have the jail specific files in them and the
jail users data.  /bin /sbin /lib /usr/bin etc are all shared
readonly.  Appropriate links into the md device for /usr/local .  /
etc and /var are in the md device.

Chad