Large filesystem woes
keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Jul 28 22:57:09 GMT 2005
On 2005-07-28 15:52, dpk <dpk at dpk.net> wrote:
>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>> Are you trying to start from scratch, or just making changes to the
>> existing table? If it's the second, then try the -u option:
>> # fdisk -u /dev/da0
>> This should give you a chance to interactively change the partition
>> table of the disk. If this fails too, please show us the exact command
>> line you used and the exact error messages.
> Unfortunately I can't run fdisk -u, if that command will wipe out the
> partition table, since / is also on the array, just in a smaller
It won't wipe away the table. It will just let you edit the existing
table interactively, through a series of questions like:
- Do you want to edit partition 1?
- Do you want to edit partition 2?
- Do you want to edit partition 3?
- Do you want to edit partition 4?
- Do you want to change the active partition?
- Do you want to save your changes to the disk?
More information about the freebsd-questions