PANIC on 6.0-BETA-1[SOLVED]

dvv at online.bg dvv at online.bg
Tue Jul 26 02:27:15 GMT 2005

Hi!
I managed to recover and am running 7-CURRENT now.
The morale of the story is
1.disable fancy drivers and scripts for binary compatibilites before
proceeding
2. Prepare a backup
3. READ UPDATING
4. use unload all when building and after rebooting with the new kernel.
Use GENERIC at first, then your kernel. Backup 2-3 good kernels.
5. recompile ports with the new system.
6. Don't diddle with the upgrade process - let it run

Have a good one!