Issues running mergemaster

Jason Henson jason at ec.rr.com
Sat Feb 19 03:15:26 GMT 2005

On 02/18/05 01:34:12, Joachim Dagerot wrote:

> I'm updating my 5.1 system to 5.3 and have succeeded building and
> install the kernel.
>
> Now, before installworld I'm trying to run mergemaster (to solve the
> "proxy user missing" issue) and it gives me this headache, where do I
> start?:
>
> cd /usr/src/etc/isdn; make install
> install -o root  -g wheel -m 700  answer
> /var/tmp/temproot/etc/isdn/answer
> install -o root  -g wheel -m 700  isdntel.sh
> /var/tmp/temproot/etc/isdn/isdntel
> install -o root  -g wheel -m 700  record
> /var/tmp/temproot/etc/isdn/record
> install -o root  -g wheel -m 700  tell
> /var/tmp/temproot/etc/isdn/tell
> install -o root  -g wheel -m 700  tell-record
> /var/tmp/temproot/etc/isdn/tell-record
> install -o root  -g wheel -m 700  unknown_incoming
> /var/tmp/temproot/etc/isdn/unknown_incoming
> install -o root -g wheel  -m 600 holidays.D isdnd.rates.A
> isdnd.rates.D isdnd.rates.F isdnd.rates.L isdnd.rates.UK.BT
> isdnd.rc.sample isdntel.alias.sample /var/tmp/temproot/etc/isdn
> cd /usr/src/etc/sendmail; make distribution
> install -o root -g wheel -m 644  /usr/src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc
> freebsd.cf /var/tmp/temproot/etc/mail
> install: freebsd.cf: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 71
>
> Stop in /usr/src/etc/sendmail.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src/etc.
>
>   *** FATAL ERROR: Cannot 'cd' to /usr/src/etc and install files to
>       the temproot environment

For some reason I have had similar issues with sendmail.  Cvsup did not
get a couple of files and so I had problems like you.  I tried
different servers and rm -rf /usr/src/etc/* and nothing helped.  I had
to go to http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/sendmail/ and
put the files on my drive by hand.  After that it worked fine.