ssh over a very bad http proxy

Lei Sun lei.sun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 21:41:54 GMT 2005

Hi

I spent almost entire week, customizing my freebsd server at home, and
now, I would like to access it from my work place.

But it doesn't seems to be possible without making http tunnels
through an authenticated proxy server.

I tried to use http-tunnel, it doesn't support the authenticated feature.
I tried to use corkscrew, it can't compile on cygwin, and it can't go
through the authenticated proxy either on solaris.
I tried the HTTPTunnelClient with ntlmaps-0.9.9, it says it is
connected, but putty just hangs and doesn't give me any response.

I googled almost for a week now, trying to find a good solution, but
no luck so far.

I am sure that I am not the first one who is encountering this kind of problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Lei