oscommerce issue

steve lasiter slas7713 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 21:24:12 GMT 2005

I've fought with this for a couple of day and now it's
time to ask. I'm running FreeBSD 5.4 with Apache 1.3,
MySQL5.0.2, PHP5.0.3_2 and a fresh install of
OScommerce.

First Question:
During my first attempt to access the
/oscommerce/catalog/admin directory I got the
register_globals turned off error, modify php.ini. I
modified my VirtualHost entry in my Apache httpd.conf
file and added the line "php_value register_globals
"on"" I'm worried about security issues with this. Is
there any more info you can give me on this or a
better fix.

Second Question:
Now when hen attempting to access the
/oscommerce/catalog/admin directroy I'm getting the
error:
"1046 - No database selected
Select configuration_key as cfgKey,
configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration"
I have configured the "configure.php" file (many times
now) with the proper database connection info and
successfully tested connectivity to my database. Is
there any info on this problem.

Also, if there is anyone that I might be able to
contact to get more info on OScommerce with FreeBSD
I'd love to get other general questions answered.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Dean Lasiter