SCSI cable recommendations ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Fri Jul 22 18:40:57 GMT 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2005, at 10:59 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

>> Looking for a recommendation on a place to buy a good SCSI cable ... just
>> picked up an Intel server, SCSI backplane with an ICP-Vortex RAID
>> controller ... the SCSI cable that came with the backplane is about 3
>> inches short though :(  Nice cable, mind you, but I don't think it would
>> appreciate being *stretched* ...
>>
>> Preferrably somewhere that accepts Paypal, and somewhere that has a good
>> rep for cables ...
>
> I don't know if this place is any better than any other place, but when I
> needed a good quality U320 cable last year I bought some from here and they
> were fast and had good pricing as far as I can tell and the cables have been
> flawless...
>
> <http://www.pc-pitstop.com/scsi_cables/>
>
> Just a satisifed custoemr

Wow ... 39" cables seem to be what they sell ... and they reference an
Adaptec part # that has about the same length ... where do you put the
almost foot and a half extra? :)  My current cable is ~16" long ... funny
thing, their multi-connector (>2) cables are shorter ...

Ah well ... not a biggie, will take a look at the inside of teh case just
to make sure I have somewhere to put that extra length :)

Thanks ...

----