only see cpu0 working after rebuilding kernel with SMP support

Mathieu CHATEAU gollum123 at free.fr
Fri Jul 22 18:35:41 GMT 2005

Hello Lei,

i agree with you. I have he same trouble.

kern.threads.virtual_cpu: 2
kern.smp.cpus: 2
hw.ncpu: 2
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/0
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_usage: 100.00%
machdep.cpu_idle_hlt: 0
machdep.hlt_cpus: 2
machdep.hlt_logical_cpus: 0
machdep.logical_cpus_mask: 2
dev.cpu.0.%desc: ACPI CPU
dev.cpu.0.%driver: cpu
dev.cpu.0.%location: handle=\_PR_.CPU0
dev.cpu.0.%pnpinfo: _HID=none _UID=0
dev.cpu.0.%parent: acpi0
dev.cpu.1.%desc: ACPI CPU
dev.cpu.1.%driver: cpu
dev.cpu.1.%location: handle=\_PR_.CPU1
dev.cpu.1.%pnpinfo: _HID=none _UID=0
dev.cpu.1.%parent: acpi0

machdep.hlt_cpus: 2 looks strange to me.

any clue ?