only see cpu0 working after rebuilding kernel with SMP support

Lei Sun lei.sun at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:52:33 GMT 2005

Yes, I read that security advisory as well, and I see

NOTE:  For users that are certain that their environment is not affected
by this vulnerability, such as single-user systems, Hyper-Threading
Technology may be re-enabled by setting the tunable
"machdep.hyperthreading_allowed".

so I "echo "machdep.hyperthreading_allowed" >> /boot/load.conf", then reboot.

But still only 1 CPU is running.

Thanks in advance :)

Lei