Large filesystem woes

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Jul 21 10:04:00 GMT 2005

On 2005-07-20 06:47, dpk <dpk at dpk.net> wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>> dpk <dpk at dpk.net> writes:
>> > Has anyone here had any luck whatsoever getting FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE to use
>> > 4TB of space from a 4TB RAID array? It is apparent that there is a
>> > 1TB/slice limit, and sysinstall doesn't seem to be able to handle creating
>> > more than 2 slices.
>>
>> Since you're using slices, I would try working with fdisk directly...
>
> fdisk gives a "No such file or directory" error when you run "fdisk -i
> /dev/da0", but "fdisk /dev/da0" shows the partition table.

Are you trying to start from scratch, or just making changes to the
existing table?  If it's the second, then try the -u option:

	# fdisk -u /dev/da0

This should give you a chance to interactively change the partition
table of the disk.  If this fails too, please show us the exact command
line you used and the exact error messages.

- Giorgos