Gimp 2 does not come with help?

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Wed Jul 20 21:23:21 GMT 2005

"JeuMeu" <jeumeu at free.fr> wrote:

> I downloaded 2.2.8 = no help ! A friend of mine has an older version, still
> no help with it !
>
> When I press F1, the error msg reads : Cannot open « C:\Program Files\GIMP
> 2.2.8\share\gimp\2.0\help\en\gimp-help.xml ».
> I checked with the download, seems OK (no bugs in the .ZIP files I extracted
> to "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2.2.8\..." ).
> Where the snag ? I created subfolder: \help\en\, just in case. But still no
> XML file.

What's the connection to FreeBSD? Are you using wine to run the
windows binaries?

> I'm seeking a tutorial I can work with on my PC, just to get the basics,
> from there I'll set my little grey matter to b become a "clever" user. Gimp
> seems fabulous, but I'm just a bug, you know...?
> Thanks for your help.

Some say "Grokking the GIMP" was a good book.
<http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/node3.html>

> PS : Would you know a way to securely lock (no cut/no paste; it's amazing
> how people can be malicius...) a small graphic file (my real [graphic]
> signature. I need that for Outlook Express.

I have no clue what you are talking about, but as I don't
run Outlook Express, I probably couldn't help anyway.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/