Demon license?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 20 00:28:20 GMT 2005

On Tuesday, 19 July 2005 at  3:54:06 -0600, Ray Jenson wrote:
> It was not my intention to start a flame war, folks. I'm sorry. I didn't
> realize what a hot topic this little daemon is, and I really didn't mean to
> step on anyone's feel-bads or press anyone's hot-buttons.
>
> I've taken the tongue-in-cheek comments as just that: tongue-in-cheek. I'm
> not a "member" of this community, but it still seems I've done more to
> further the division than heal it.

No, don't let it worry you.  My comment was very much tongue-in-cheek.
The rest of the discussion is part of the underlying banter that goes
on on the FreeBSD lists.  Don't let it worry you.

On Tuesday, 19 July 2005 at 17:26:03 +0200, Fabian Keil wrote:
> Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>
>> Greg Lehey said:
>>
>>> "I'm sure we would object if someone drew a 'devil' image and
>>> associated it with FreeBSD."

[presumed quotation added above]

>> Re-read this please.  "DEVIL" image?  What is that?  Devil in
>> this context is a religious term.  So what Greg is really saying
>> here is that "we" would object if someone drew a religious image
>> and associated it with FreeBSD"
>
> You are quoting out of context.

Yes.  I think it's right the way I have modified it (additional level
of quotes for the first sentence).  From the attributions, it looks as
if the other person was Ted.

Greg
--
The virus contained in this message was detected, clubbed to death and
distributed throughout the Internet as vaccine by LEMIS anti-virus.

Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.