Demon license?

Ray Jenson rjenson at redheron.net
Sun Jul 17 22:54:49 GMT 2005

Greetings!

My name is Ray Jenson, and I'm the CEO of a new start-up company in Utah,
called Red Heron Corporation. Our company has recently decided that we'd
like to start shipping CD's as a service to our customers. We would
prominently display a link to the FreeBSD web site, as well as notifying our
clients of the ability to download the software free.

Here's where Brian Tao comes in: we'd like permission to use the demon on
our web site when directly linked to BSD, as well as a composite graphic
(sample is attached) that would show the devil alongside other logos, such
as Tux, the Red Hat logo, and Microsoft's Windows logo. We're in the process
of testing our hardware configurations before offering BSD-powered machines
to our clients, which should knock a significant amount off the price. These
logos are not currently displayed, but I can send you a mock-up if you need
it.

Also, I am wondering whom I contact with regard to getting authorization to
actually ship the software. We wouldn't necessarily want ad space anywhere,
until we're sure that we can provide timely shipments (our processes are
still being developed).

We are an OEM. We plan to start doing business on August 1st 2005. We will
have an e-commerce storefront and will plan to offer BSD along with other
products if we can find someplace to supply the optical media so that we can
ship it.

Thanks,

Ray Jenson, CEO
Red Heron Corporation