Three questions...

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Sat Jul 16 00:18:32 GMT 2005

George Ruch wrote:

>On the little machine, it came up looking like a minimal LILO. It
>would boot XP correctly, but came up with '??' for the XP
>partition.

It says ?? but boots XP just fine.  If you care about the cosmetics then
I posted a patch which makes it say DOS instead, a while ago, done out
of curiosity more than caring.  I only *know* it works for non-serial
consoles, in that I haven't compiled it with the relevant serial
#defined so don't know that it's under 512 bytes.   It also incorporates
a patch from elsewhere to turn off the beep.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1506483+1512204+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-questions/20050612.freebsd-questions

--Alex