Matlab7 (R14)

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein-freebsd-questions at theloosingend.net
Thu Jul 14 11:26:40 GMT 2005

* Rodolphe Conan [2005-07-13 08:31 -0700]
>  I finally got Matlab 7 working!
>  I have put the following in the startup m-file
>  set(0,'DefaultFigureRenderer','ZBuffer',...
>      'DefaultFigureRendererMode','Manual')
>  Before to set these default properties, doing get(gcf,'Renderer') gave
>  me None !

COuld you please provide me with a step-by-step guide on how to setup
Matlab / on a FreeBSD 5.4 system? Is this DefaultFigureRenderer setting
all you need to alter? And where do I put this configuration?

I've installed Matlab 7 using:

	/compat/linux/bin/sh /path/to/matlab/install

This gives me a seemingly working Matlab, except almost everything I try
to di results in a freeze. I get the same /lib/libc.so.6: cannot execute
binary file error as you reported, but this doesn't seem to cause any
trouble. Java crashes all the time too. Did you change the bundles java?
If so, how?

Svein Halvor