DHCP assigned unregistered IP address

Hornet hornetmadness at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 08:06:14 GMT 2005

On 7/14/05, Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote:

> Glenn Dawson writes:
>
> >  Sounds like you have one of the motorola cable modems.  They will
> >  assign exactly that address if they are turned on and can't
> >  communicate with the cable companies network.
>
>         In such situations, my 3Com shows a red light in the
> appropriate slot.  Do Motorolas not do this?
>

>                                 Robert Huff

When you try to go to any web site, is it redirection you to the same web page?
Also try 'dig @216.235.128.31 www.yahoo.com' and 'dig @216.235.128.31
www.freebsd.org' and if you get the same IP, you might need to
re-register with your ISP.

I had a similar problem, where their DHCP server got hosed and I
experienced the same issue.

Also :) did you pay your bill.