Screen display problem during installation

Jim Mozley jim.mozley at exponential-e.com
Fri Jul 8 16:12:29 GMT 2005

I'm trying to install 5.4 on a system that currently has 4.10 on it. My
problem is that when the system boots from the install disk 1 I cannot
see the initial menu due to a display problem.

I see the initial boot information then the box that should have the
selection options in, but without the content of the box. The box just
overwrites the display information, leaves the boot information on the
screen and I see BSD Daemon to the right of it.

I don't have a floppy drive on the system to attempt a console install
so I cannot use that solution.

 From memory I didn't have any problems with the 4.10 install, so I
tried on another PC with the same CD and this displayed the initial menu OK.

Any ideas on what I could do to resolve this?

Thanks,

Jim