FreeBSD browsers...

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Sat Jan 29 15:55:09 PST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Steven Friedrich wrote:

> [...] I installed Mozilla, figuring I might get smarter and be able to
> find out how it knows where plugins are.

It knows by reading the file ~/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat. That's where the
information comes from to populate the "about:plugins" page.

> Then I realize (perhaps incorrectly, that firefox can use plugins for
> Linux Mozilla, not native mozilla...

On that I have no clue. But if that's true, shouldn't Mozilla be able to
as well? Firefox is supposed to be "just the browser part" of Mozilla,
whereas the full Mozilla also has mail and news capability, maybe more.

Hope this helps.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]