ISDN connection problems

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Jan 29 02:10:41 PST 2005

If it doesen't then your probably going to need to try another ISDN
card.

By the way, have you by chance priced out ISDN routers lately?  For
example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73321&item=5746457
512&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Cisco 1603's are going for under $20USD.  The 1603 is the Euro version
of Cisco's ISDN router and understands the Euro ISDN switches (in
contrast to the 1604 which doesen't have an ST interface and only
understands American ISDN switches)

At the ISP I work at we still do a lot of dialup ISDN because we are
the only ISP left in town that will guarentee multilinking.  During
the last year I've pretty much told all customers that we are only
supporting the Cisco 1604 anymore, simply because the things are so
darn cheap now that it's less of an annoyance factor to me to deal
with more than one kind of router.  (Despite the fact that I've
configured more than a dozen different brands of ISDN routers during
the heyday of ISDN)

Ted