surround sound

Gert Cuykens gert.cuykens at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 20:14:14 PST 2005

7rxI# make
===>  Building for xmms-osssurround-0.1_1
cc -shared -olibOSSSurround.so about.o audio.o configure.o convert.o
init.o mixer.o OSS.o
/usr/bin/ld: about.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when
making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
about.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/xmms-osssurround/work/xmms-a52dec-1.0/OSSSurround-0.1.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/audio/xmms-osssurround.
7rxI#

me not understanding very well :)

now that my sound is even sounding better then windows it would be
asome if you could make the rear speakers connected on line1 work.

In windows there is this driver that does that for me. Do you think
the osssuround driver could do that too?

ps Wich one is the spdif , is it the vidio one ?

7rxI# mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  89:89
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer cd       is currently set to  75:75
Mixer rec      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer ogain    is currently set to  50:50
Mixer line1    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer phin     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer phout    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer video    is currently set to  75:75
Recording source: mic
7rxI#

thx