Java Runtime Environment (JRE)?

Matthias Buelow mkb at incubus.de
Thu Jan 27 17:36:23 PST 2005

Gert Cuykens wrote:

> So is the linux emulation a bad thing or a good thing, i dont
> understand very well what we need to do here to have java 1.5 in
> firefox on my amd 64 ? sorry :)

Linux emulation is both a good, and a bad thing.  Good, because software
that is available only for Linux (usually binary-only, closed-source)
can be run on FreeBSD, and bad, because it removes an (albeit small)
incentive to port applications to FreeBSD (or NetBSD, ...).

I've never used java with firefox so I can't help you there.

mkb.