Witch apache, mysql and php do i need ?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 02:44:19 PST 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 10:05:59AM +0100, christophe ollier wrote:
> Le 27/01/2005 à 07:49, Gert Cuykens a écrit :
>
> >So i can use phpmyadmin, use php as a apache module , make a ssl
> >connection and use the include feature.
>
> The easiest way would be to install the phpMyAdmin port, it will build
> all needed software, with the exception of mysql-server (the MySQL port
> is split between a client and a server softwares).
>
> >PS 2.1+ and 5+ are my favorite numbers :)
>
> Sorry, the dependencies at this time show Apache 1.3.33, mod_php 4.4.3,
> MySQL 4.0.23a. Wrong numbers :)

Those are just the defaults.  You can override them by putting:

    WITH_APACHE2=yes
    APACHE_PORT=www/apache21
    DEFAULT_PHP_VER=5
    WITH_MYSQL_VER=50

into /etc/make.conf

There are quite a few similar variables you can set to control choice
of dependency where there are several versions of a port that could
work equally well.  Unfortunately (for historical reasons) such usage
isn't completely standardised: some ports do it /this/ way, others do
it /that/ way.  The large blocks of comments at the beginning of most
of the files within /usr/ports/Mk are the most complete guides to
what's available.

       Cheers,

       Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                      School Rd