perl and ports

Donald J. O'Neill donaldj1066 at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 26 17:37:15 PST 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 05:45 pm, Adam Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 06:31:32PM +0100, Gert Cuykens said:
> > >If you compile from the ports then the television factory is also
> > > your living room.
> >
> > True, lets talk about the factory then
> >
> > The machinery would be /usr/src
> > The resources would be /usr/ports
> >
> > Do you agree a wrench is not a resource ?
>
> I'm not going to draw this analagy out any further.  I think everyone
> has explained it to a point where any further argument would be
> pointless.
>
> We've distinguished the difference between building your own ports
> and bringing in the tools required to build those ports.  You now
> have your answers.

OK Gert,

I agree with Adam. I think it's time for you to make a decision. You
either except what everyone's been trying to tell you, or you don't. If
you don't, then remove perl from your system and find out just what
stops working because of runtime dependencies. If you do, then leave it
alone and stop this line of thought.

Don
--
Donald J. O'Neill