perl and ports

Adam Smith adam at internode.com.au
Wed Jan 26 15:45:27 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 06:31:32PM +0100, Gert Cuykens said:
> >If you compile from the ports then the television factory is also your
> >living room.
>
> True, lets talk about the factory then
>
> The machinery would be /usr/src
> The resources would be /usr/ports
>
> Do you agree a wrench is not a resource ?

I'm not going to draw this analagy out any further.  I think everyone has
explained it to a point where any further argument would be pointless.

We've distinguished the difference between building your own ports and
bringing in the tools required to build those ports.  You now have your
answers.

--
Adam Smith
Internode	: http://www.internode.on.net