mDNS, daapd iTunes etc

Alan Curtis acurtis at ieee.org
Wed Jan 26 16:20:53 PST 2005

On Jan 26, 2005, at 6:25 PM, Thomas Foster wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Check out the following article:
>
> http://www.section6.net/help/daapd.php
>
> This works great for me, let me know if you have any additional
> problems or questions

I followed exactly the proceedure described in
http://www.section6.net/help/daapd.php and got this error when I
started mdns.sh.

cannot create /var/log/mdns.log: Permission denied

I also should note that the port /usr/port/net/mDNSResponder now puts a
file mdns.sh in /usr/local/etc/rc.d which starts

/usr/local/sbin/mdnsd

so I am more confused.

Alan