perl and ports

Gert Cuykens gert.cuykens at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 15:35:34 PST 2005

> Let me get this straight.  You're not a developer, so you don't know
> languages or how to code.  Yet you're completely convinced that perl is
> insecure and should never be used anywhere, and you're equally convinced
> that no developer should be using it for their programs.
>
> Is that about right?

No i dont know anything about c++ or perl, ok i know what a class is :P
For me is not realy about perl it self its about the way it get used
as a tool to help build things. For me freebsd is build as a base that
can handle everything designed for it. If application need something
to help it build, it should belong to the base and not to a external
perl tool.

So if want to (install) buy a car and go to the (ports) shop i dont
expect to bring my (perl) wrench to the (ports) shop .

> Bad analogy.  A better one would go something like this.  When you buy a
> new television, you expect that the manufacturer used the best and most
> efficient techniques to build it.  Yet, without any knowledge of why the
> manufacturer used those techniques, you think he was wrong to use them and
> he should change.
>
> What's wrong with this picture?

nothing wrong with that, like i said i am only asking questions.