perl and ports

Gert Cuykens gert.cuykens at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:59:59 PST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:47:32 -0800, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 11:41:56PM +0100, Gert Cuykens wrote:
> > ps who is the imake developer ?
> >
> > Believe me i am going to mail every developer where perl comes in
> > between me and the application :P
>
> That would mostly just irritate developers and point out your own
> ignorance.
>
> I think you need to learn some more about how the ports collection
> works before you embark upon this crusade - in particular, understand
> how and why perl is used in the places it is, and whether it's
> feasible to remove it (in most cases it is not).
>
> Kris

no why would it irritate developers ? Its just a question ? i only
want them to think a bit before they bring in perl to build there
application.

I am not a developer so i can not think for them i can only ask
questions. I would not even ask them if the application itself would
use it. Then i would accept it as part of a furniture.

PS if you buy a new television do you still want the robotic arm of
the factory standing next to it in your living room ?

I can only talk about cosmetic things as a user because i dont know
how a television works inside.