Tiny freeBSD?

Joachim Dagerot jd at dagerot.com
Mon Jan 24 07:42:42 PST 2005

I have a spare Dell Lattitude CPx which I will re-build into a digital frame.

I therfor need either an installation on a 1GB sandisk or a bootable CD. I would prefer the CD solution

Now it comes to hardware. I have not political thoughts whatsoever o what OS people uses. I run a freeBSD server and plenty of workstations home.

My questions which I hope someone can answers are:

1. Is there a small plug'n'play freBSD solution that can run from a CD and map samba-drivers (Or NFS actually)?

2. If not, what would you recommend starting with? Linux, freeBSD, windows?

3. This seams not like a very unique thing to do, has anyone seen a complete distr of some kind that solves it?