Network Printing - Please put me out of my misery

gabriel normal1.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 15:12:35 PST 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:29:57 +0100, Oliver Leitner <Shadow333 at gmx.at> wrote:
> which printing queue manager are you using?
Manger? CUPS, Mind you this is my first time trying to setup a printer.

> is your printer pingeable (or in any other way reachable) from your bsd box?
It is pingable, I am able to go into its configuration via http.

> does your printing queue manager recognize the printer?
It appears so, as when a "print test page" is done, the printer
activates, but nothing further.
> what do your printer queue manager and daemon logs on the bsd box say?
These are the last couple of entries:
E [22/Jan/2005:11:53:17 -0800] restart_job: job #5 cannot be restarted
- no files!
E [22/Jan/2005:11:53:27 -0800] PID 65224 stopped with status 3!
E [22/Jan/2005:11:58:48 -0800] restart_job: job #5 cannot be restarted
- no files!

> Greetings
> Oliver Leitner
> Technical Staff