Basic Info on Wireless Router Installation and Performance

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Jan 21 22:41:42 PST 2005

Hi Bob,

  I see a lot of people are telling you to install wireless but in
my experienced opinion, you need to fix your wiring.  Your never going
to have stable service if you don't, even if you put the DSL modem
next to the building MPOE (Median Point of Entry).  Go wireless if you
want
to but get your inside wiring fixed.

  What we do around here is have people with this kind of problem
sign up for Line-Backer insurance from the phone company, wait a few
days, then call a trouble ticket into the phone company.  (Line Backer
is a Qwest product, other phone companies have similar programs)
This covers all your inside wiring and the phone techs will come out
and fix it properly and you won't get hit with a $150 charge for
inside wiring repair.

Ted