Basic Info on Wireless Router Installation and Performance

Brian McCann bjmccann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 12:59:29 PST 2005

     FWIW, stay away from Linksys if you can help it.  I used to love
them for basic stuff, but once I wanted to do more advanced stuff like
bridging and having "Client APs", i hit all kinds of problems...even
getting 2 identical APs to talk to each other.  I've gotten D-Link
every since and been happy.  I haven't tried Linksys since Cisco has
taken over and help them fix some of their products, but I don't know
that it's worth the risk.  On that note, you can also get a Cisco
solution if you have the money (separate router and AP)...but
sometimes it's just not worth it.  I just got at NewEgg, a DLink
802.11g pack with a "wireless router" and PCMCIA NIC, with their
"Super G" or whatever it's called technology, for 98 bux...something
to consider.

--Brian