FreeBSD I LOVE YOU

John Koepke jxkoepk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:21:57 PST 2005

> Since we're posting specs and such, my P3 800MHz. w/ 256 RAM does all I
> ask of it, with plenty of room to spare.

I have a few machines running FreeBSD.  The first is a AMD 766mhz.
With about 768 Megs of ram.  This box is used as a Nat / Firewall /
Dansguardian (AV) Proxy / Secondary DNS server / DHCP server.  I Then
Have a P4 2.4 gig box with about 512 megs of ram that serves as my web
/ webmail / email / Primary DNS server.  This box also runs PHP,
Apache, Squirrelmail, MySQL. and a few other scripts and tools.  The
third box is a  1 gig AMD T-bird.  This is just a test webserver with
a few cool tools and utilities on it.  It also monitors the APC UPS
that is at the bottom of the rack.  If Power goes out, I get emails
about it, and if time starts to run out, it will shutdown the other 2
servers 1 by 1.  I have been using NX systems for about 6 or 7 years
now.  I learn more and more each and everyday.  And thanks to people
on the FreeBSD mailing List, I have been able to fix any issues that I
have come across.

Not only is the OS a great OS, but this list helps me to keep it
running smooth,  and figure out new ways to accomplish complicated
tasks.  Thank you.....